The secret behind the time-proven success of Crimsafe product range lies in its unique, patented design and manufacture methods. Unlike other security screens that feature mesh either glued or wedged into the frame, Crimsafe security screens are the only products in Australia in which the mesh is screwed tightly into the frame and clamped down in the vice-like grip of the patented Screw-Clamp™.
The Crimsafe Test
In 2009 the University Of New South Wales School Of Aerospace and Civil and Mechanical Engineering (now School of Engineering and Information Technology) at the Australian Defence Force Academy (UNSW@ADFA), at the request of Crimsafe, designed a rigorous scientific test to determine exactly how much force Crimsafe® screens can resist from an impact before breaking. We also tested stainless steel security screens bought directly from 9 leading competitors.
Of the competing brands tested 6 failed to meet even the current minimum standard of impact resistance as required by the Australian Standard AS 5039—2008 and Methods of Testing AS 5041—2003. These screens are leading brands and many broke before withstanding even the basic requirement of 5 impacts of 100 joules of impact energy!
The 2009 tests conducted at UNSW@ADFA clearly showed that Crimsafe security screens were by far the strongest of the products tested.
2011 tests once again show Crimsafe's superior strength against the products tested
In 2011 Crimsafe repeated the tests using new samples from the same security screen companies plus an extra product from a company not included in the 2009 tests.
The above graph shows how Crimsafe screens out performed other competitor products tested.
Of the 10 competing products tested in 2011:
- 8 failed to reach the 200 joules level recommended by UNSW@ADFA
- 6 failed to reach the 100 joules level required by the Australian Standard
- Only 2 managed to pass the Australian Standard
Crimsafe Security Screens passed easily!
- Crimsafe's regular (residential) security screens withstood up to 500 joules of impact energy in a singular impact, that's 5 times the singular impact level of 100 joules required by the Australian Standard 5041.
- Crimsafe's Ultimate (heavy duty) screen withstood 700 joules of impact energy in a singular impact, being 12 times higher than the singular impact level of 100 joules required by the Australian Standard 5041.
Crimsafe's commercial screen withstood 1200 joules of impact energy in a singular impact, being 12 times higher than the singular impact level of 100 joules required by the Australian Standard 5041.