Owning a home is an ongoing investment and something that you need to make sure it is kept up to scratch so that you can get a return on it. Even if you’re not looking to immediately sell, keeping your house in good nick can make you feel amazing at home.
Renovations such as kitchen and bathroom remodels, new carpets or landscaping are often the first things that come to mind when you’re upgrading your home. And these are huge expenses! A kitchen remodel can easily set you back well over $30,000, so if you’re wanting to sell, a huge, time consuming and expensive project isn’t something many people will want to take on.
So we’ve put together a few tips for adding a huge amount of value to your home on both a financial and time restricted budget!
Kitchen and bathroom upgrades
These are two areas of your home that people pay the most attention to. It’s the place you want to spend time with others, and the place you want to spend time alone.
These rooms are the most used in your home, but can also date the fastest.
A full kitchen or bathroom remodel isn’t always a financially or timely option for a home improvement upgrade. But there are a few things that you can do yourself to make your house look more modern and updated:
- New handles, cabinets, drawers and doors
- Replace or repaint your cabinets
- Upgrade your light fixtures
- Change over your taps and faucets to something sleek and modern
A fresh coat of paint
Peeling paint, scuff marks, cracks in the corners. These are things that a potential buyer will see as something that needs to be fixed. And painting can be a pain (physically and mentally).
A good paint job throughout the house can make your home feel brand new again. Choosing a clean white or neutral colour for all your walls can give the impression of a newly renovated home!
Focusing on the outside
The first thing anyone sees when they come to your house is your front yard and your house. Keeping your front yard clean, mowed and weeded goes a long way. And if you’re not much of a green thumb, adding some native plants to your garden beds are an easy way to add some extra colour.
Washing your house can also make a positive impression on any guests or buyers who are visiting. Painting your house is expensive, but getting a wash can have a similar impact as a fresh coat of paint, but for a fraction of the price.
Getting the floors up to scratch
Professional carpet cleaning not only makes your carpets feel amazing to walk on, but it can make your home smell fresh and clean. And that feeling can go a long way.
For hard wooden floors, a polish can be a cost effective way to clean up any scratches and make your floors look brand new again.
Install Crimsafe security screens
You can’t put a cost on keeping your home and family safe. Adding Crimsafe security screens to your home adds so much value to your home for a number of reasons.
- Crimsafe provides the toughest security screens in Australia. Whether you choose to install Crimsafe Classic or Crimsafe Ultimate, you’ll be getting security that exceeds Australia’s safety standards and blows the competition out of the water.
- Crimsafe security screens also protect you against creepy crawlies! Crimsafe’s mesh is both fly and mosquito proof and reduces midges by around 80%.
- Crimsafe security screens reduce solar heat by up to 53%! This means you can open up your home during summer to let the breeze in, keep the nasties out, and keep your electricity bills low.
- Crimsafe meets the requirements of Australia standard in fire safety. Crimsafe’s mesh can prevent the spread of fire embers and can be used in bushfire zones.
Not only does Crimsafe give you peace of mind, but it can save you more money in the long run. It’s also a great selling point if selling your home, and something to look out for if you’re buying!